- Annual Awards
- Executive Board Meeting Minutes
- MARYLIB Listserv
- Mission and Vision Statements
- MLA Organizational Structure
- MLA Forms
- Nettie B.Taylor Maryland Library Leadership Institute
- Press Releases
- Strategic Plan 2018-20
- MLA Archives
- MLA Manual
- MLA Accessibility Statement
- MLA Copyright Statement
- Virtual Meeting Support
- Site Admininistration
Nettie B.Taylor Maryland Library Leadership Institute
July 12-14 and October 25-26, 2017
The 2017 Nettie B. Taylor Maryland Library Leadership Institute has three components – a Summer intensive (July 12-14), a Fall overnight (Oct 25-26), and a follow-up project (details provided on Day 1 of the Institute). Both sessions will be hosted at the Donaldson Brown Center in Port Deposit, MD. Twenty-four participants are invited to attend the Institute, facilitated by Maureen Sullivan. The content of the institute is outlined in this short presentation. The application process is initiated by library nomination. All Maryland libraries (academic, public, school, special/ business) are encouraged to submit nominations.
Courageous, resilient leaders in every library, in every community.
- identify emerging leaders in the library community and provide them with a transformative educational experience
- provide a safe, collaborative experience to expand the comfort zone for dealing with risk, success and failure
- provide graduates who understand the legislative process and actively advocate for libraries
- produce committed, capable, and enthusiastic graduates
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE?
The Institute is designed for any library staff person who has demonstrated leadership potential, excellent communication skills, initiative, and a commitment to the profession. These are the individuals who make a difference in your community.
|DATES||July 12-14 and Oct 25-26, 2017|
|LOCATION||Donaldson Brown Center, 200 Mt Ararat Farm Rd, Port Deposit, MD 21904|
|FEE||$1,250 Registration Fee (includes accommodations and meals)
Scholarships are available
|APPLICATION DUE||Wednesday, February 15, 2017 (Postmarked by)|
|NOTIFICATION||Friday, March 31, 2017|
|FEE DUE||Monday, July 3, 2017 all registration fees are due|
The Donaldson Brown Center offers lovely accommodations for the Institute. Institute participants will share bedrooms. All participants must remain overnight at the Center for the entire institute.
The application packet contains a complete set of documentation required to be considered for the Institute. Individual documents and the application process can be found on the Application Packet and Process page.