- Annual Awards
- Executive Board Meeting Minutes
- Board Leadership Orientation
- MARYLIB Listserv
- Mission and Vision Statements
- MLA Organizational Structure
- MLA Conversations
- MLA Forms
- Nettie B.Taylor Maryland Library Leadership Institute
- Press Releases
- Strategic Plan 2018-20
- MLA Archives
- MLA Manual
- MLA Accessibility Statement
- MLA Copyright Statement
- Virtual Meeting Support
- Site Admininistration
Nettie B.Taylor Maryland Library Leadership Institute
Summer and Fall 2023
The Nettie B. Taylor Maryland Library Leadership Institute has three components – a Summer intensive, a Fall overnight, and a follow-up project (details provided on Day 1 of the Institute). Previously, sessions have been hosted at the Donaldson Brown Center in Port Deposit, MD. Twenty-four participants are invited to attend the Institute, facilitated by Maureen Sullivan. The application process is initiated by nomination from a Maryland library director. All Maryland libraries (academic, public, school, special/ business) are encouraged to submit nominations.
Courageous, resilient leaders in every library, in every community.
- identify emerging leaders in the library community and provide them with a transformative educational experience
- provide a safe, collaborative experience to expand the comfort zone for dealing with risk, success and failure
- provide graduates who actively advocate for libraries
- produce committed, capable, and enthusiastic leaders for Maryland libraries
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE?
The Institute is designed for any library staff person who has demonstrated leadership potential, excellent communication skills, initiative, and a commitment to the profession. These are the individuals who make a difference in your community.
|DATES||Summer and Fall 2023 - dates to be determined|
|LOCATION||To be determined|
|FEE||$1,000 Registration Fee (includes accommodations and meals)
Scholarships are available
|APPLICATION DUE||Friday, February 17, 2023 (Postmarked by)|
|NOTIFICATION||Friday, March 31, 2023|
|FEE DUE||Monday, July 3, 2023 all registration fees are due|
Locations and accommodations will be announced in 2023.
The application packet contains a complete set of documentation required to be considered for the Institute. Individual documents and the application process can be found on the Application Packet and Process page.