Member Engagement Associate Job Opening
Member Engagement Associate
The Maryland Library Association is a nonprofit membership-driven organization that represents libraries and library workers across the state. For nearly 100 years, MLA has been building and promoting a strong, engaged, knowledgeable, diverse, and inclusive library community.
We are looking for an outgoing and amiable person to join our team to assist and engage with MLA members. This part-time position will assist with billing, member relations and database maintenance, programming, clerical needs, and other duties assigned.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
-Generating monthly, annual, and as-needed reports
-Answering phone calls and emails, and routing to Executive Assistant and Executive Director as needed
-Assistance with accounts payable and receivable
-Compiling and mailing/emailing membership and program packets
-Assisting members with their accounts
-Assisting with member communication through social media, newsletters, and other platforms
-Sorting/processing incoming mail, filing, and similar general office maintenance
-Assistance with scheduling, coordinating, and hosting professional development programming, including follow-up communication with attendees and presenters and compiling CEU and evaluation data
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent communication and people skills. This position will be a mix of in-office and remote work, with at least 2 days a week in the office.
MLA is an equal opportunity employer.
Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
$22 an hour
24 hours a week; Monday – Thursday
High school diploma or equivalent, and a combination of experience or training that has provided the knowledge, abilities, and skills listed below.
- Proficient with word processing, database, and spreadsheet software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience providing customer service in-person, over the phone, and through written communications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Experience working effectively as part of a team to achieve common goals and objectives
- Able attend and travel to out-of-town annual conference for 3 ½ days.
Email resume and brief cover letter to Joshua Stone, MLA Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until filled, application reviews will begin on August 8, 2022.