- Association of College and Research Libraries, MD
- Black Caucus of the Maryland Library Association
- Leadership Development Division
- Public Services Division
- Intellectual Freedom Panel
- Legislative Panel
- Professional Development Panel
- Marketing Committee
- Maryland Author Award
- Future of Libraries Interest Group
- Government Information Interest Group
- LGBTQ+ Interest Group
- Library Advocacy Interest Group
- Maryland Adult Programming Interest Group
- New Members Interest Group
- Outreach Services Interest Group
- Readers' Advisory Interest Group
- Teen Interest Group
This committee primarily supports Goal 3 of the MLA Strategic Plan: “The library community is well-informed about MLA and the opportunities and value it provides.” We work to ensure effective communication to MLA members, divisions and interest groups, and expand channels for communication with the membership.
Our specific tasks include:
- Helping to brand and position MLA in the library community, and to support brand consistency across divisions and interest groups
- Collaborating with the membership committee to create print and online materials to promote MLA and its membership
- Collaborating with divisions and interest groups to promote their initiatives
- Promoting activities and accomplishments of MLA and its units, and provide marketing resources to MLA units
This committee also presents the Maryland Library Association Excellence in Marketing Award each year. This award, presented at the annual conference, recognizes the talent of communications and marketing personnel within Maryland libraries, while sharing ideas, learning from peers and validating the importance of library marketing.
Any member of the Maryland Library Association is welcome to join the Marketing Committee. Please consider joining this diverse group if you have a marketing background or enjoy:
- Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Event planning and organization
You will be in the company of members from a wide range of library backgrounds, all working together to build a strong library community in Maryland.
If interested, please contact the committee chair Amy Miller Meyers at email@example.com.
Last updated 04 October 2021