- Association of College and Research Libraries, MD
- Children's Services Division
- Leadership Development Division
- Public Services Division
- Support Staff Division
- Technical Services Interest Group
- Intellectual Freedom Panel
- Legislative Panel
- Marketing Committee
- Maryland Author Award
- Professional Development Panel
- Future of Libraries Interest Group
- Government Information Interest Group
- Library Advocacy Interest Group
- Maryland Adult Programming Interest Group
- New Members Interest Group
- Outreach Services Interest Group
- Readers' Advisory Interest Group
- Teen Interest Group
- LGBTQ+ Interest Group
Public Services Division
The Public Services Division or PSD provides opportunities for professional development, communication and discussion of library related issues to public services staff in all types of libraries.
- Plan and facilitate training programs
- Network with library staff in MD & DE
- Develop leadership through meetings, hosting programs or serving as an officer
- Coordinate programming for the Annual MLA/DLA conference
- Share and learn from colleagues across MD & DE
The Division has 4 work meetings a year - September, December, March and June on the 2nd Thursday 9:30-12:00, usually at Arbutus Branch of BCPL 855 Sulphur Spring Road, Arbutus. MD 21227. https://www.bcpl.info/locations/arbutus/index.html
We also have an annual debrief on Thursday evening at the annual conference to share what we went to and how our PSD programs went.
How to get involved
Any member of MLA is welcome to join us and be part of our group. There are many opportunities to help with programs through the year as well as during conference and to share what you and your system's are up to.
Join the listserv - this is the best way to stay in touch with all PSD stuff. This also lets you contribute to discussions if you cannot make meetings in person and how meeting announcements and agendas are shared. To join, you have to be log into the MLA website to see the PSD listserv - the 4th item under the left hand menu.
Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PSDmla/ Members share library related items and things going on in their systems. We also share upcoming events and meetings.
These 3 groups are affiliated with PSD. A lot of their activity is either on Facebook or listserv so it's easy to check them out online and contribute.
- MAPIG, Maryland Adult Programming Interest Group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/MAPIG/ . Chair Lisa Swain email@example.com
- OSIG, Outreach Services Interest Group, https://www.facebook.com/OSIG.MLA/. Chair Sabine Simonson firstname.lastname@example.org
- RAIG, Reader's Advisory Interest Group, https://www.mdlib.org/content.asp?contentid=267 Listserv is listed in the RAIG menu once you are logged into the site. Chair Monica McAbee Monica.McAbee@pgcmls.info
Last updated 20 August 2018