- Association of College and Research Libraries, MD
- Black Caucus of the Maryland Library Association
- Leadership Development Division
- Public Services Division
- Intellectual Freedom Panel
- Legislative Panel
- Professional Development Panel
- Marketing Committee
- Maryland Author Award
- Future of Libraries Interest Group
- Government Information Interest Group
- LGBTQ+ Interest Group
- Library Advocacy Interest Group
- Maryland Adult Programming Interest Group
- New Members Interest Group
- Outreach Services Interest Group
- Readers' Advisory Interest Group
- Teen Interest Group
Public Services Division
The Public Services Division or PSD provides opportunities for professional development, communication and discussion of library related issues to public services staff in all types of libraries.
- Plan and facilitate training programs
- Network with library staff in MD & DE
- Develop leadership through meetings, hosting programs or serving as an officer
- Coordinate programming for the Annual MLA/DLA conference
- Share and learn from colleagues across MD & DE
The Division has 4 work meetings a year. Dates and locations will be posted on Happenings, the listserv and MLA Connect.
We also have an annual debrief on Thursday evening at the annual conference to share what we went to and how our PSD programs went.
How to get involved
Any member of MLA is welcome to join us and be part of our group. There are many opportunities to help with programs through the year as well as during conference and to share what you and your systems are up to.
Join the listserv - this is the best way to stay in touch with all PSD stuff. This also lets you contribute to discussions if you cannot make meetings in person and how meeting announcements and agendas are shared. To join, you have to be log into the MLA website to see the PSD listserv - the 4th item under the left hand menu.
Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PSDmla/ Members share library related items and things going on in their systems. We also share upcoming events and meetings.
Last updated 23 September 2022