- Association of College and Research Libraries, MD
- Children's Services Division
- Leadership Development Division
- Public Services Division
- Support Staff Division
- Technical Services Division
- Intellectual Freedom Panel
- Legislative Panel
- Marketing and Membership Committee
- Maryland Author Award
- Professional Development Panel
- Government Information Interest Group
- Maryland Adult Programming Interest Group
- New Members Interest Group
- Outreach Services Interest Group
- Readers' Advisory Interest Group
- Social Media Users Group
- Teen Interest Group
The Legislative Panel's purpose is:
- To monitor state and federal legislation that has an impact on libraries, including issues such as access to information, telecommunications and literacy.
- To attend hearings and give testimony in support or opposition of pending legislation or budget decisions.
- To maintain frequent contact with members of the Maryland General Assembly, Congress and other elected officials to garner support for libraries.
- To keep library representatives and the MLA membership informed of state and federal legislation that impacts libraries.
The Legislative Panel meets monthly to discuss legislative issues, share information, and coordinate efforts to further the mission of libraries throughout the state.
Last updated 06 April 2011.