- Annual Awards
- Executive Board Meeting Minutes
- Board Leadership Orientation
- MARYLIB Listserv
- Mission and Vision Statements
- MLA Organizational Structure
- MLA Conversations
- MLA Forms
- Nettie B.Taylor Maryland Library Leadership Institute
- Press Releases
- Strategic Plan 2018-20
- MLA Archives
- MLA Manual
- MLA Accessibility Statement
- MLA Copyright Statement
- Site Admininistration
Episode 1 - April 24, 2020
Morgan Miller, Director of the Cecil County Public Library; Vice President/President-Elect of the Maryland Library Association
Naomi Keppler, Assistant Branch Manager of the Rosedale Branch, Baltimore County Public Library; Conference Director for Maryland Library Association; President of MLA's Leadership Development Division
View the recording at: https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/4af408b5901948cf8b1339a11f578551
Episode 2 - May 1, 2020
Jenny Bakos, Executive Director, Washington County Free Library
Thomas Vose, Director, The Ruth Enlow Library of Garrett County
View the recording at: https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/011572e09a06431faf71a59ae4054f83
Episode 3 - May 8, 2020
Tonya Aikens, President & CEO, Howard County Library System
Andrea Berstler, Executive Director, Carroll County Public Library; President, Maryland Library Association
View the recording at: https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/7ee6c286a7314d9b83b7ca017732b5cb
Episode 4 - May 15, 2020
Kimberly Miller, Assessment Librarian & Liaison to Psychology, Towson University; President, ACRL-MD
David Dahl, Director, Consortial Library Applications Support, University of Maryland Libraries; ALA Councilor representing MLA
View the recording at: https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/cdb6005c495d4a07866fd1bcecb15d9d
Episode 5 - May 22, 2020
Sara Brown, Chair of MLA's Intellectual Freedom Panel; Librarian III, Rosedale Branch, Baltimore County Public Library
Kelsey Hughes, Chair of MLA's Teen Interest Group; Librarian III, South Bowie Branch, Prince George's County Memorial Library System
View the recording at: https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/636d3a1f45a6472fb3dedc80014602c3
Episode 6 - May 29, 2020
Carrie Willson, Executive Director, Calvert Library; Chair, Legislative Panel, Maryland Library Association
Natalie Edington, Assistant Director, Baltimore County Public Library; Assistant Legislative Officer / Federal Coordinator, Legislative Panel, Maryland Library Association
View the recording at: https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/f9fd1392adfc4f02a2bb008d2d1e7701
Episode 7 - June 5, 2020
Mary Anne Bowman, Deputy Director, St. Mary's County Library; MLA Secretary; MLA Vice President/President-Elect for 2020-2021
Tiffany Sutherland, Reference Supervisor, Calvert Library; Chair, MLA Membership Committee
View the recording at: https://zoom.us/rec/share/xp1tI57w3W9IcLftx2jgaPUnGdj9T6a81yZK8_RfyxyjtH61Cd-7Z6yXYp9gWLeM
Episode 8 - June 12, 2020
Ashley Teagle, Executive Director, Wicomico Public Libraries
KennethWayne Thompson, Executive Director, Charles County Public Library
View the recording at: https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/d1fb6f7662844f3d84d23dd80095860e
Episode 9 - June 19, 2020
Meg Faller, Public Services Librarian, Calvert Library; Chair, MLA’s Readers Advisory Interest Group
Amy Jenkins, Librarian III at the Upper Marlboro Branch, Prince George's County Memorial Library System; Incoming Co-chair, MLA’s Readers Advisory Interest Group
View the recording at: https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/849d986529af41f1a558c4d5dccf0c2b
Episode 10 - June 26, 2020
Pat Hofmann, President, Citizens for Maryland Libraries; Board Member, Friends of Calvert Library
Kristen Pironis, Immediate Past President, Citizens for Maryland Libraries; Former President of the Queen Anne’s County Free Library Board of Trustees
View the recording at: https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/70e92991f3aa4a3489bdb2ddc3e29d16
Episode 11 - July 10, 2020
Glennor Shirley, former Library Coordinator for Maryland’s Correctional Education Libraries; author of the new book Journal of the Librarian Who Went to Prison for Money
Mary Rayme, LSTA Grant Coordinator for the Maryland State Library; former prison librarian
View the recording at: https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/14f61aa8b9a6405eb3a9ae9df0803582
Episode 12 – July 17, 2020
Topic: Reopening planning at Anne Arundel County Public Library
Cathy Hollerbach, Chief of Public Services and Branch Management, AACPL
Rudy Rodela, Chief of Support Services, AACPL
Christina Teasley, Branch Manager, Deale Library, AACPL
View the recording at: https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/ad47130b26644f3f865b8b67eed4b126
Episode 13 – July 24, 2020
Topic: Trends in materials selection
Jamie Watson, Collection Development Manager for Baltimore County Public Library
Monica McAbee, Selection Librarian at Prince George’s County Memorial Library System
View the recording at: https://marylandlibraries.zoom.us/rec/share/_N5LCYPBz09OTaPR4lPtU7F4BLbcT6a80yhP-PMKyUmE6tFUc2X3IjQj1QAMH3w8
Episode 14 – July 31, 2020
Topic: Trends in Master of Library and Information Science programs and an update on the University of Maryland's iSchool
Ursula Gorham-Oscilowski, Senior Lecturer & Co-Director, MLIS Program, University of Maryland
Morgan Marie Adle, MLIS Program Manager, University of Maryland
View the recording at: https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/9c1b7254eb374e1fb63bf9ff67f76c98
Episode 15 – August 7, 2020
Topic: MLA’s Public Services Division (PSD) and trends in public library service
Sam Eddington, Training & Programming Coordinator, Eastern Shore Regional Library; President of MLA’s Public Services Division
Lisa Swain, Assistant Library Manager, Randallstown Library, Baltimore County Public Library; Vice President/President-Elect of MLA’s Public Services Division
View the recording at: https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/49315c034440403eb0dda0cf886a503f
Episode 16 - August 14, 2020
Topic: The work of school media specialists and the Maryland Association of School Librarians (MASL)
Jennifer Sturge, Specialist for School Libraries and Digital Learning, Calvert County Public Schools; President, Maryland Association of School Librarians (MASL)
Brittany Tignor, School Librarian, Snow Hill High School, Worcester County Public Schools; Former President (2018-2019), Maryland Association of School Librarians (MASL)
View the recording at: https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/99c7439f2ed44d71a2b448eb0850732c
Episode 17 - August 21, 2020
Topic: MLA’s Children’s Services Division (CSD) and discussion of how children’s programming is changing to meet the needs of audiences
Betsey Brannen, Children’s Services Supervisor, Urbana Branch, Frederick County Public Libraries; President of MLA’s Children’s Services Division
Conni Strittmatter, Youth & Family Engagement Manager, Baltimore County Public Library; MLA Secretary
View the recording at: https://marylandlibraries.zoom.us/rec/share/wOprcpqg9lNLTtb362v5ZaAOXaGiX6a81ilL8_QEn0wv0umn8UMjLN6ZKd8Zz9tt
Episode 18 - August 28, 2020
Topic: Interview with Lina Bertinelli, Kathy Kosinski, and Tess Wilson, co-authors of the new book from ALA Publishing, All Ages Welcome: Recruiting and Retaining Younger Generations for Library Boards, Friends Groups, and Foundations
Lina Bertinelli, Workforce Librarian at the Business, Science & Technology Dept. of the Enoch Pratt Free Library/State Library Resource Center
Kathy Kosinski, Member Services and Outreach Manager for Califa Group (a California library consortium)
Tess Wilson, Community Engagement Coordinator for the Network of the National Library of Medicine - Middle Atlantic Region
View the recording at: https://marylandlibraries.zoom.us/rec/share/yux5fr3w_ThIfoXw2U3-eKwMNYTbX6a81yAYqfNexR6xIvu3ZwDyhRPjU6kBrj_w
Episode 19 - September 11, 2020
Topic: How libraries are providing specialized support for the preservation and sharing of community history and the wealth of important documents and publications available in the history rooms in Frederick and Hagerstown.
Elizabeth Howe, Reference Librarian, and Certified Archivist, Western Maryland Room, Washington County Free Library
Mary K. Mannix, Maryland Room Manager, C. Burr Artz Public Library, Frederick County Public Libraries
View the recording at: https://marylandlibraries.zoom.us/rec/share/iGh3QajkE8HFTdq1LHJxtzyOo3x2BcKqTDVe9pfkvi0YlgKMxCSVCrCTBWhTmId4.1fbeUL2SuADXMFwP
Access Passcode: &1tL^6zq
Episode 20 - September 18, 2020
Topic: The all-conference preview episode, focused on the upcoming MLA/DLA 2020 Virtual Conference.
Naomi Keppler, Conference Chair (and guest host)
EJ Dowling, Reference Librarian at the Fletcher Branch of Washington County Free Library (also overseeing the Conference’s Ignite sessions)
Sean Hogan, Assistant Director for Access Services and Facilities (also overseeing the Conference’s poster sessions)
View the recording at: https://marylandlibraries.zoom.us/rec/share/3gUSpipq8JJGDtiUHOLjd5Jdrrrar5uoqhI6QDCd9JF7YMJlb2-hBBvWPU6k__Tj.MLVGNV8tl8vwAHv5
Episode 21 - September 25, 2020
Topic: The next generation of Makerspaces in public and academic libraries.
Jen Bishop, Emerging and Digital Technologies Manager, Coordinator of Exploration Commons at 50 East, Carroll County Public Library
Preston Tobery, Coordinator of Maker Technologies, User Services & Resource Sharing, University of Maryland Libraries
View the recording at: https://marylandlibraries.zoom.us/rec/share/CRViQGVsnJIEeTk2raQnNsRzXXVOhodLE26KXbzB_mR70AQX0eWZ8t5OUXXU8QeW.gqN3sjmxHjSqHlXe?startTime=1601060616000
Episode 22 - October 2, 2020
Topic: How the statistics that we capture at the local library branch play an important role at the system, state, and federal levels.
Yana Demireva, Research & Evaluation Coordinator, Maryland State Library
Colin Khem, Business Analytics Manager, Prince George's County Memorial Library System
View the recording at: https://marylandlibraries.zoom.us/rec/share/gkj3_NXfFKDNGuWRV6TcZ14rgxMOfGpwptNb3hCzAeJPDVFIskN_3E0FG2Jp5miW.Br0Uv7gI-dZZ2cpv
Episode 23 – October 9, 2020
Topic: MLA’s Future of Libraries Interest Group (FOLIG) and the trends that are shaping the future of Maryland’s libraries.
Tracy Miller, Branch Manager, Fallston Branch, Harford County Public Library
Ashley Biggs, Marketing and Outreach Librarian, Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled, Maryland State Library
View the recording at: https://marylandlibraries.zoom.us/rec/share/fSzba2Hejo0JbVDIetto57XDo-pRKTXLtfiJua1t70v8lF0N4BVoh3WOzYUpn0Xq.Tj0fCNhFV_ORd7ag
Episode 24 – October 16, 2020
Topic: The delights and challenges of providing public library service in rural communities.
Ashley Fedele, Collection Management Librarian, Kent County Public Library
Natalie Lane, the Head of Children and Youth Services, Kent County Public Library
Diane Kisner, Kitzmiller Branch Manager, Ruth Enlow Library of Garrett County
Thomas Vose, Director, Ruth Enlow Library of Garrett County
View the recording at: https://marylandlibraries.zoom.us/rec/share/PkU_EDjG5hmLHiN002rVJYMKSr91YOHqgs2OgVBWfeEF36UioaczPUtHQ--vbQ.CV0pyiPDm8aeIdTC
Episode 25 – October 23, 2020
Topic: The work of two librarians who are shaping the future of libraries by advancing social justice, activism, and diversity.
Tahirah Akbar-Williams, College of Education & African American Studies, McKeldin Library, University of Maryland; Director of the Diversity Immersion Institute (DII) at the University of Maryland Libraries, Co-Diversity Officer, 2020-2021, UMD Libraries, Convener (Chair), ACRL African-American Studies Librarians IG 2019-2020, 2019 Winner of the James Partridge Award for Outstanding African American Information Professional. Learn more about the Diversity Immersion Institute (DII) at http://diiumd.weebly.com and https://giving.umd.edu/giving/Fund.php?name=diversity-immersion-institute.
Damon Austin, Director of Library and Media Services, DeMatha Catholic High School. Also serving on Board of Directors of: PGC Historical Society, PGC Library Foundation, ALA Representative for The American Library in Paris Board of Trustees, and ABEN (A Black Education Network)
View the recording at: https://marylandlibraries.zoom.us/rec/share/_t8u3irs_5wMPuOMIDLIzmDKcrr5L5LrVby0NbUJ48UW_Ndhbtq1f7e756Sf1GiP.4MRUSjJRCFjtmH8o
Episode 26 – October 30, 2020
Topic: The Congress of Academic Library Directors (CALD), a professional association of library directors in post-secondary institutions that is helping to promote cooperation among Maryland libraries.
Stephen Miller, Associate Vice President, UMGC Library & Adjunct Professor, First Term Experience, University of Maryland Global Campus; CALD President
Larry Clemens, Dean for Information Services and Director, U.S. Naval Academy Nimitz Library; CALD Vice President/President Elect
Cindy Steinhoff, Library Director, Andrew G. Truxal Library, Anne Arundel Community College; CALD Treasurer
View the recording at: https://marylandlibraries.zoom.us/rec/share/rt-JlbsClolsO5216ckpE5rW1FhmNtXG9IkJ4-BOWJjAhT9xQ8sVYQeoa3mX780w.EHVBGS-zbPU71qQy
Episode 27 – November 6, 2020
Topic: A fist look at the public policy landscape for libraries in the days following the 2020 elections and how the election results will impact library advocacy moving forward. We will speak with David Lusk, founder of Key Advocacy and coordinator of the ALA National Network. David specializes in developing nationwide grassroots and grasstops programs for associations, nonprofits, and corporations.
David M. Lusk, Founder of KEY ADVOCACY: Unlocking the Power of Advocacy; Member, ASAE Government Relations & Advocacy Professionals Advisory Council; Co-Chair, ASAE GRAPAC Education & Programs Committee
Megan Sutherland, East Area Manager, Prince George’s County Memorial Library System; Co-chair, Library Advocacy Interest Group, Maryland Library Association
Joseph Thompson, Director of Public Services, Carroll County Public Library; Chair, Committee on Legislation, American Library Association
View the recording at: https://marylandlibraries.zoom.us/rec/share/MC1bs6TYXUxoUv9rj0t59p4Ns4hZN5Cy6G6nW8f259zS-BBv1aOgnOkpgQR7rvo.TiFtoTTQyil8gK8H
Episode 28 – November 13, 2020
Topic: Maryland Library Association’s Support Staff Division (SSD) and the work of support staff and paraprofessionals in today’s library environment.
- Robin Soma-Dudley, Library Associate, Busch Annapolis Library, Anne Arundel County Public Library; President, Support Staff Division, Maryland Library Association
- Teonja Jung, Circulation Services Manager, Rosedale Branch, Baltimore County Public Library; Vice President/President-Elect, Support Staff Division, Maryland Library Association
Episode 29 – November 20, 2020
Topic: HBCUs and LIS: Rich history, rich potential: A timely conversation on the connection between HBCUs, anti-racism, and Black librarianship. We discussed how HBCUs contribute to the library profession and learned about an IMLS-funded project at Morgan State University.
- Dr. Ana Ndumu, Assistant Professor, University of Maryland, College Park School
- Dr. Ida Jones, University Archivist, Morgan State University Richardson Library
- Envisioning reciprocal and sustainable HBCU-LIS pipeline partnerships: What HBCU librarians have to say
- Breaking Barriers: National forum on the Future of Black Librarianship, Black Caucus of the American Library Association, 2019 IMLS LB21 National Forum Grant Pre-proposal
For further reading:
- Dorothy Porter Wesley at Howard University: Building a Legacy of Black History by Janet Sims-Woods
- The Campus Color Line: College Presidents and the Struggle for Black Freedom by Eddie Cole
- African American Leaders In The Library Profession: Little Known History by Rebecca D. Hunt
- Celebrating African-American Librarians and Librarianship by Alma Dawson
- African American Librarianship: Research and Resources, Prairie View A&M University Library
Episode 30 – December 4, 2020
Topic: The LGBTQ+ Team at Prince George’s County Memorial Library System, how they created systemwide unity and vision for 2020’s Pride Month activities, and their plans for sustaining this important work going forward.
- Teresa Miller, Librarian I, Greenbelt Branch Library, Prince George’s County Memorial Library System
- Chris Herrmann, Library Associate I, Bowie Branch Library, Prince George’s County Memorial Library System
Episode 31 – December 11, 2020
Topic: Maryland’s Library Associate Training Institute (LATI), from its long history training Library Associates to its evolution as an all-online program during the age of COVID-19.
- Ryan O’Grady, Coordinator, Library Associate Training Institute
- Laura Allen, Virtual Assistant, Library Associate Training Institute
Episode 32 – December 18, 2020
Topic: MLA’s Leadership Development Division (LDD), their work, and trends in library leadership.
- Anita Crawford, Processing Supervisor, Baltimore County Public Library; LDD President
- Krista Regester, Collection Development Support Supervisor, Baltimore County Public Library; LDD Vice President/President-Elect
- Rhiannon George, Librarian III, Baltimore County Public Library; LDD Secretary
Episode 33 – January 8, 2021
Topic: A conversation with the Maryland State Librarian, the role of the Maryland State Library, and how MSL supports Maryland’s libraries.
Irene M. Padilla, Maryland State Librarian
Episode 34 – January 15, 2021
Topic: We learned about the work of the American Library Association’s Public Policy & Advocacy Office and what's on the horizon for public policy and advocacy efforts in Washington, DC at the start of the new administration.
- Kathi Kromer, Associate Executive Director, Public Policy & Advocacy Office, American Library Association
Episode 35 – January 22 , 2021
Topic: We will learned about the services offered by the Thurgood Marshall State Law Library in Annapolis, including legal reference and research training and support for commonly asked law questions through The People’s Law Library of Maryland.
- Catherine McGuire, Head of Reference and Outreach, Thurgood Marshall State Law Library
- Chi Song, Web Services Librarian, Thurgood Marshall State Law Library
Episode 36 – January 29 , 2021
Topic: We learned about the services offered by the Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled (LBPD) and current trends across the broader National Library Service community.
- John Owen, Director, Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled, Maryland State Library
- Mary Ramos, Assistant Director
- LaShawn Myles, Youth Services Librarian
- Jordan Farinelli, Collection Development Librarian
- Amanda Gonzalez, Reference and Patron Services Librarian
- Joe Beckett, Maryland Accessible Textbook Program Coordinator
- Jerry Price, Assistive Technology Specialist
Episode 37 – February 5, 2021
Topic: We learned about the work of the Advocacy Committee of the Maryland Association of School Librarians (MASL). Members of the committee described how they are communicating the value of school librarians in local communities and empowering others to develop the skills needed to tell these important stories to stakeholders.
- Tatanisha "Tiki" Love, Library Media Specialist, Loch Raven Technical Academy, Baltimore County Public Schools
- Donna Mignardi, School Librarian, Calvert High School, Calvert County Public Schools
- Tim Steelman, Librarian Media Specialist, Theodore G. Davis Middle School, Charles County Public Schools
Episode 38 – February 12, 2021
Topic: Colleagues, friends, and family shared memories of Margaret Carty, Executive Director of the Maryland Library Association, following her passing on February 4, 2021 after a brief illness.
Episode 39 – February 19, 2021
Topic: The Maryland State Archives, how they are handling the pandemic, online services offered by the archives, commonly requested resources and records, and the people behind the Maryland Manual Online.
- Tim Baker, Maryland State Archivist
Episode 40 – February 26, 2021
Topic: The Maryland Department of Legislative Services, the library, and how they support the work of the Maryland General Assembly. We also heard about what goes on behind the scenes to create an issue of The Crab, MLA’s quarterly newsletter.
- Annette Haldeman, Manager, Reference Services, Library and Information Services, Maryland Department of Legislative Services, Office of Policy Analysis; Editor, The Crab
Episode 41 – March 5, 2021
Topic: The important role of staff development at Maryland’s public libraries and innovations in learning.
- Nini Beegan, Organizational Learning & Innovation Coordinator, Maryland State Library
- Maurice Coleman, Technical Trainer, Harford County Public Library
- Katie George, Professional Development Instructor, Howard County Library System
- Jaleen Walker, Staff Development Coordinator, Prince George’s County Memorial Library System
Please also review the following resources shared by our guests relating to some of the staff development topics discussed, regarding resilience, health, and anti-racism.
- Ted Talks (2020)
- King County presentation at the recent Statewide Circulation Conference: Promoting Whole Health: Nurturing Staff’s Mental, Emotional, and Physical Wellbeing
Presented by: Melissa Glenn (King County Library System, Washington State), January 28, 2021
Video (1 hour) | More conference recordings
- Trauma-informed Approaches in Libraries - National Library of Medicine
Video (1 hour) | Slides
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Resources for Maryland Libraries is a web guide full of resources
- Maryland Libraries Training Academy has courses on Dismantling Institutional Racism and Homelessness
- Anti-harassment training from hollaback - https://www.ihollaback.org/
Episode 42 – March 12, 2021
Topic: Guest host Ashley Teagle, CEO, Southern Maryland Regional Library Association facilitated an honest conversation about anti-Black racism in libraries and how this bias presents itself in the library workplace.
- Tahirah Akbar-Williams (College of Education & African American Studies, McKeldin Library, University of Maryland; Director of the Diversity Immersion Institute (DII) at the University of Maryland Libraries, Co-Diversity Officer, 2020-2021, UMD Libraries, Convener (Chair), ACRL African-American Studies Librarians IG 2019-2020, 2019 Winner of the James Partridge Award for Outstanding African American Information Professional
- Damon Austin (Director of Library and Media Services, DeMatha Catholic High School. Also serving on Board of Directors of: PGC Historical Society, PGC Library Foundation, ALA Representative for The American Library in Paris Board of Trustees, and ABEN (A Black Education Network)
Please also feel free to review the following resources shared by our guests:
- University of California San Francisco Multicultural Resource Center - https://mrc.ucsf.edu/racial-equity-anti-black-racism
- CBS “Are you Racist” - https://www.cbsnews.com/video/tony-dokoupil-talks-with-white-americans-about-racism/
- Anderson Cooper, Kids - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OKgUdQF-Fg
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Resources for Maryland Libraries - https://marylandlibraries.libguides.com/edi/home
- Suggestions for libraries:
- Review pay equity policies, bring salaries of Black employee equal to their white counterparts
- Look at the representation in your library, If you have African American employees, what are their ranks? Do you have Blacks people in middle management, upper management or are all your black employees represented in entry level?
- Have you taken a session on microaggressions?
- Have you met with your BIPOC employees to discuss their experiences?
- Have you done your work? Have you taken advantage of resources available to you to educate yourself on the topic of Racism, Anti-Racism, White Supremacy and White fragility?
- If you do not feel you have the expertise in this area, encourage your library to make a financial investment to work with a consultant that can guide your library through the process of creating a welcoming and supportive environment for Black library workers.
Episode 43 – March 19, 2021
Topic: A 2021 MLA/DLA Joint Library Virtual Conference preview with the conference chairs, facilitated by guest host Naomi Keppler.
- Tyler Wolfe
- Megan Sutherland
- Jen Wilson
- Alison Wessel
Episode 44 – March 26, 2021
Topic: A 2021 MLA/DLA Joint Library Virtual Conference preview with TIG, RAIG, and Legislative Panel
- Kim Day, Teen Interest Group
- Amy Jenkins, Readers Advisory Interest Group
- Andrea Berstler, Legislative Panel
Episode 45 – April 9, 2021
Topic: A 2021 MLA/DLA Joint Library Virtual Conference preview with ACRL-MD and FOLIG, facilitated by guest host Naomi Keppler.
- Sean Hogan, Association of College and Research Libraries, MLA Chapter (ACRL-MD)
- Tracy Miller, Future of Libraries Interest Group
Episode 46 – April 16, 2021
Topic: A 2021 MLA/DLA Joint Library Virtual Conference preview with IFP, GIIG, and LAIG, facilitated by guest host Naomi Keppler.
- Sara Brown, MLA’s Intellectual Freedom Panel (IFP)
- Carl Olson, MLA’s Government Information Interest Group (GIIG)
- Megan Sutherland, MLA’s Library Advocacy Interest Group (LAIG)
Episode 47 – April 23, 2021
Topic: A 2021 MLA/DLA Joint Library Virtual Conference preview with LDD and SSD, facilitated by guest host Naomi Keppler.
- Krista Regester, Leadership Development Division
- Teonja Jung, Support Staff Division
Episode 48 – April 30, 2021
Topic: A 2021 MLA/DLA Joint Library Virtual Conference preview with PSD and CSD, facilitated by guest host Naomi Keppler.
- Sam Edington, Public Services Division
- Jill Hutchinson, Children’s Services Division
Episode 49 – May 14, 2021
Topic: Maryland’s Regional Libraries. A discussion of the special role they play in supporting the public libraries in the western, southern, and eastern parts of the state.
- Elizabeth Hulett, Director, Western Maryland Regional Library (WMRL)
- Ashley Teagle, CEO, Southern Maryland Regional Library Association (SMRLA)
- John Venditta, Administrator, Eastern Shore Regional Library (ESRL)
Episode 50 – May 21, 2021
Topic: A conversation with Cyndee Landrum, Deputy Director, Office of Library Services, Institute of Museum and Library Services. We learned about her work at IMLS, including overseeing the agency's largest program, Grants to States, which is the primary source of federal funding for library services in the United States.
- Cyndee Landrum, Deputy Director, Office of Library Services, Institute of Museum and Library Services
Episode 51 – June 5, 2021
Topic: Black librarianship by the numbers and a discussion of tips for improving diversity in our libraries.
- Tahirah Akbar-Williams, Education and African American Studies Librarian, University of Maryland
- Ashley Teagle, CEO, Southern Maryland Regional Library Association
Episode 52 – June 11, 2021
Topic: We met two of Maryland’s newest public library directors and heard their vision for the future of the library profession.
- Arnessa Dowell, Executive Director, Kent County Library System
- Crystal Henningsen, Director, Dorchester County Public Library
Episode 53 – June 18, 2021
Topic: We learned about successful public school and public library partnerships, with a focus on the annual summer reading program.
- Kathleen Brunnett, Supervisor of Library Media, Carroll County Public Schools
- Angie Knight, Systemwide Children’s Project Coordinator, Carroll County Public Library
- Katelyn McLimans, Youth Services & Outreach Coordinator, Cecil County Public Library
- Kimberly Quick, Library Associate Generalist, Thurmont Regional Library, FCPL
- Carrie Sanders, Youth Services Coordinator, Maryland State Library
- Deb Spurrier, Children’s Services Supervisor, Thurmont Regional Library & Emmitsburg Branch Library, FCPL
Episode 54 – July 9, 2021
Topic: We learned about how the ebook public policy landscape is continuing to change. We discussed the passage of the Maryland law requiring publishers to license ebooks to libraries under reasonable terms, DPLA’s recent agreement with Amazon Publishing to make their ebooks available to U.S. libraries, and other developments on the horizon.
- Andrea Berstler, Executive Director, Carroll County Public Library; Chair, Maryland Library Association’s Legislative Panel
- Michael Blackwell, Director, St Mary’s County Library; ReadersFirst
- Alan Inouye, Senior Director, Public Policy & Government Relations, American Library Association
Last updated 30 July 2021