- Association of College and Research Libraries, MD
- Black Caucus of the Maryland Library Association
- Children's Services Division
- Leadership Development Division
- Public Services Division
- Support Staff Division
- Intellectual Freedom Panel
- Legislative Panel
- Professional Development Panel
- Marketing Committee
- Maryland Author Award
- Future of Libraries Interest Group
- Government Information Interest Group
- LGBTQ+ Interest Group
- Library Advocacy Interest Group
- Maryland Adult Programming Interest Group
- New Members Interest Group
- Outreach Services Interest Group
- Readers' Advisory Interest Group
- Teen Interest Group
SMUG maintains regular online communication and resource sharing through the SMUG listserv and the SMUG Facebook page. We also hold face-to-face and virtual meetings several times a year to offer trainings, panels and discussions about timely social media topics. Please join us!
Intro to Twitter for Libraries – Recording of a one-hour webinar with Jessica Keyes of the Pratt Library. Jessica covers basics such as language, inspiration and strategy for using Twitter as a library marketing and engagement tool.
Twitter for Libraries – From Basic to Best Practices – Helpful links and ideas for formulating effective tweets, learning Twitter strategies, understanding the language of Twitter, developing Twitter campaigns and getting staff involved.
Getting More from Hootsuite – A helpful overview of how to get more from Hootsuite with Dr. Warren Allen, FSU professor and social media researcher.
Social Media Strategy for Libraries – Helpful worksheet with key questions for developing your library’s social media strategy.
Last updated 27 January 2015.