The Children's Services Division
Winning Book Extension and Program Ideas
- Annie and Simon by Catherine O'Neill
- Wolfsnail: A Backyard Predator by Sarah C. Campbell resource extensions
- http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/invertebrates/mollusk/gastropod/Gastropodprintouts.shtml - coloring pages of snails and other mollusks, includes a coloring page that asks the student to label the parts of a snail.
- http://www.snail-world.com/ - facts about snails
- http://www.kiddyhouse.com/Snails/snail.html - facts about snails: bottom of the page has links to snail related activities including stories, crafts, teacher lesson plans, and an online mancala game with snails
- http://www.explorebiodiversity.com/Hawaii/BiodiversityForgotten/Wildlife/Inverts/Predation%20Video.htm - a 2-minute video of the wolf snail as predator
- http://www.education.wisc.edu/ccbc/podcasts/09Feb09.mp3 - A 2-minute Wolfsnail booktalk (begins about 7 minutes into the podcast)
- Keena Ford and the Second Grade Mix Up by Melissa Thompson
- Our Three Bears by Ron Hirschi
Last updated 15 December 2009.