- Association of College and Research Libraries, MD
- Children's Services Division
- Leadership Development Division
- Public Services Division
- Support Staff Division
- Technical Services Division
- Intellectual Freedom Panel
- Legislative Panel
- Marketing and Membership Committee
- Maryland Author Award
- Professional Development Panel
- Government Information Interest Group
- Maryland Adult Programming Interest Group
- New Members Interest Group
- Outreach Services Interest Group
- Readers' Advisory Interest Group
- Social Media Users Group
- Teen Interest Group
TSD Upcoming Events
MLA Technical Services Division (TSD) Discussion and Business Meeting: Preparing for the Future Now – Changing Roles and Tasks in Technical Services
Join TSD on Thursday, September 29th for a short business meeting and what we hope will be an informative and lively discussion on the present and future state of technical services.
From BIBFRAME to the Semantic Web to revolutionary next-generation ILS to RDA, catalogers are constantly being told that massive changes are coming to the profession. As busy professionals, we must carefully consider how to most efficiently allocate our limited professional development resources in order to navigate changes as they come. This discussion will focus on the present and future state of technical services librarianship. What, if any, effect has the implementation of RDA had on your day-to-day tasks and/or patron satisfaction? Similarly, how might implementation of new cataloging standards and technologies change our profession in the future? Please bring your experiences and thoughts to the discussion as we anticipate how our roles and tasks in the library might change in the coming years.
Please join us on Thursday, September 29th from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm at the Maryland City at Russett Community Library.
Please RSVP to Maggie Dull.
Last updated 14 September 2016.